Monday, December 21, 2009

A Few Small Steps

It has been a long time since I have updated you on our progress. First, we wish you a very peace filled Christmas and a New Year bursting with Joy.

This past week we signed our home study and sent it off for approval by the Alberta Government.  We are hoping that it will be not long into the new year when we get final approval and are able to send our documents down to Haiti.

I have found myself thinking of our "Haiti Baby" (as Micah has named him or her) often these days.  Wondering if they have been born yet, and if so, where and how they are, fills me with both joy and longing.  We keep a close eye on the various blogs posted on www.glahaiti.org which continue to inspire and encourage us.

Today Vanessa and I purged Micah's room and put aside a couple giant garbage bags of stuff labeled "Haiti Baby".  It felt like a really good step, not only to prepare Micah's room for new Christmas arrivals, but also to help us ready our home for our new child(ren).

Recently I ran into a little meditation from one of my favourite authors (Henri Nouwen) entitled "Enough Light for the Next Step"  - a good reminder and encouragement as I am feeling (yes already) like a part of our family is not with us.

Grace and peace,

Amanda










**

No comments:

Post a Comment